Tuesday 29 April 2008

Scrappers UK




Click on the picture above to get a FREE sample video of scrapbooking ideas

Hello to all my fellow Scrappers in the UK!
How is your scrapbooking going?
I've only been scrapbooking for a few months (officially) but it's something I've done ever since my childhood. (I'm now 44) I just didn't realise that it'd become so high profile a hobby.
Here I've been quietly collecting memorabilia and photos over the years, not realising that I'm part of a 'Scrappers' fraternity out there.
From saving favourite birthday & Christmas cards, tickets to theatre trips & days outings to the much loved 'Starsky & Hutch' scrapbook from my teens.
I've since done numerous scrapbooks relating to holidays and special occasions. My favourite & ongoing one is my Son's (hoped rise to fame) scrapbook. He's wanted to be an Actor from the age of 4, he's 20 now & in his 2nd year of University doing a Drama degree. I've scrap booked everything he's ever had a part in from primary school shows to his Major Final Performance that he did in order to get his BTEC diploma, before going to Uni.
I love doing them and as I'm sure you're aware, scrapbooks are a unique way to tell a story or follow and document someone's life.
Since I've discovered that there is a lot on the Internet about scrapbooking, I've been hooked.
I couldn't believe all the resources out there. Obviously I've always bought my resources in the UK, but now the whole world has opened up to me.
Not just for things like layouts, borders and materials either.
I've discovered that such sites also offer inspirational quotes. I've found this invaluable, as after doing so many scrapbooks I often get stuck for something a bit different to say or write about.
These sites also provide links to other websites on scrapbooking too. I must admit my husband has recently become a scrappers widower as I spend most evenings searching these sites.
They even give away hints as to how to get rid of any mistakes you make.
I can now make my scrapbooks even more beautiful by accessing all these international ideas. I'm so glad I've discovered them; I recommend that you have a look for yourself too. Don't just be Scrappers UK, let's take over the world!

No comments: